If you want to prepare a filling meal in 15-20 mins, the best and easiest one is Kande Pohe. It is the most popular, easy and quick breakfast recipe in Maharashtra. It is made from poha which is flattened rice.
Kande Pohe Recipe:
2 – 3 cups thick poha(jadha poha)
1 large red onion, chopped fine
5 green chillies slit (medium size)
1 medium potato, Diced into thin slices
1-2 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp mustard (Mohori)
1/2 tsp cumin (Jeera)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (Hing powder)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi Powder)
1 tbsp Peanuts
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves(dhania)
1 tbsp grated coconut
1. Wash poha 2 to 3 times under cold water and soak in enough water for 30 seconds or until poha flakes becomes soft. Drain off all excess water from poha, cover and set it aside for 5-10 mts.
2. Heat oil, add peanuts and fry them up until peanuts get good brown color. Remove peanuts in to bowl.
3. In the same oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing curry leaves.
4. Also add chopped onion, potato, green chilli, turmeric powder, mix and cook until potato becomes soft.
5. Add soaked poha, mix well, also add salt, lemon juice and sugar, cover and cook for 5 mts over medium high heat.
6. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves, fried peanuts and grated coconut.
7. Serve hot along with a cup of ginger tea!
I am an Electronic Engineer and now a Housewife. 'Cooking' was never my passion. My mom & my relatives would have never thought that I could cook someday, let alone the thought of me having my own cooking site. After marriage I started cooking for my husband, initially it was a job for me and I never realized when that job became my passion. Now Cooking moves me & Cooking for my family & friends is a fantastic way to bond, reduce stress, and feel satisfied.Website: www.cookingwithdarshu.com